Presentasi berjudul: "BAHASA INGGRIS SMK/MAK READING SECTION PART VI. READING COMPREHENSION."— Transcript presentasi:
BAHASA INGGRIS SMK/MAK READING SECTION PART VI. READING COMPREHENSION
INDIKATOR 37. Menentukan pikiran utama paragraf/gambaran umum/ informasi tertentu/informasi rinci, tersurat dan atau tersirat/rujukan kata atau makna kata/frasa dalam surat bisnis/memo/pesan/e-mail.
MEMO ToHRD Managers FromMr. Fuad Affandi DateApril 8, 2012 SujectMonthly Managerial Meeting I’m writting to remind you that our monthly managerial meeting is scheduled on April 27, 2012 in the management meeting room at 09:00 a.m. Please bring your monthly report with you and submit it to my secretary 30 minutes prior to the meeting. In addition, if you have something urgent to discuss, please see me on Friday, April 14. Thank you.
1.Why did Mr. Fuad write the letter? A.To tell the managers to bring the annual report. B.To remind the managers about their monthly meeting. C.To discuss something very urgent about the meeting. D.To ask managers to see him on Friday, April 14.
2. What might the managers do after reading the letter? A.Prepare monthly report for the meeting. B.See Mr. Fuad to discuss something urgent. C.Have a monthly meeting. D.Discuss the next month plan.
38. Menentukan pikiran utama paragraf/ gambaran umum/ informasi tertentu/ informasi rinci, tersurat dan atau tersirat/ rujukan kata atau makna kata/frasa dalam sebuah tabel/ diagram/ jadwal/ grafik. INDIKATOR
3. What does the graph show? A.The decreasing of BlackBerry sale from 2001 to 2007. B.The increasing of Blackberry sale from 2001 to 2007. C.The development of BlackBerry design from 2001 to 2007. D.The amount of BlackBerry products from 2001 to 20
4. In what year could we find the most significant increasing sale? A.2001 B.2003 C.2005 D.2007
39. Menentukan pikiran utama paragraf/ gambaran umum/ informasi tertentu/ informasi rinci, tersurat dan atau tersirat/ rujukan kata atau makna kata/frasa dalam teks berbentuk recount. INDIKATOR
A Great Weekend Faris, my roommate, and I had a great weekend. Last Saturday we got up early and had a big breakfast. Then we took the bus to go downtown and went to an art museum. The museum opened at nine o’clock and we stayed there all morning. We saw some beautiful paintings. We had a guide who explained everything to us. I was amazed with all the art, but Faris wasn’t really interested in the modern art very much. I bought copies of two paintings. I would put them on the wall of my bedroom.
At one o’clock, we were hungry so we had lunch at the museum cafeteria. After lunch, we took a walk in the park near the museum. We went home at five o’clock. We were very tired, but we had a good time. On Sunday we stayed home and studied.
5. What did the writer and his roommate do last weekend? A.They had a big dinner. B.They went to an art museum. C.They watched people painting. D.They worked part time as a guide.
6.The main idea of the second paragraph is… A.The museum only displayed modern art. B.A guide accompanied the visitors. C.The writer was amazed by all the art displayed at the museum. D.Faris and his roommate were amazed by all the beautiful paintings at the museum.
7. The word “amazed” in line 2 of paragraph 2 has the same meaning with... A.Excited B.Amused C.Entertained D.Impressed
RECOUNT A recount retells past events in the order in which they happened Structure Orientation: sets the scene Sequence of events in the order in which they happened. (Optional) a final personal comment or reflection
Language Features Opening words capture reader’s interest May use the first person Most often in the past tense; present tense is used for effect Short sentences increase tension; longer sentences provide contrast and detail Time words connect events (e.g. As soon as….; Eventually…; Then…; A few moments later…) Noun groups describe people and places (e.g. the noisy children playing in the park) May include reported or direct speech (He said …….)
40. Menentukan pikiran utama paragraf/gambaran umum/informasi rinci, tersurat dan atau tersirat, atau rujukan kata/frasa atau makna kata/frasa dalam sebuah teks procedure dalam bentuk a.l. manual/ resep/ petunjuk/instruksi. INDIKATOR
A procedure gives instructions (how to do, to make, or to operate things) Structure A lead-in sentence to state the goal Start with a list of materials Series of sequential sentences which may be numbered Concluding sentence expresses success PROCEDURE
Language Features Use command words (Cut..; Pour…; Fold…) Most sentences start with a verb/imperative sentences. Use correct technical terms Linking words and phrases expressing sequence (first…; then…; next…; finally) Exact details or information
Ingredients: 1 egg, 50 g cheese, 1 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of cooking oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Utensils: Frying pan, fork, spatula, cheese-grater, bowl, and plate. How to Make A Cheese Omelet
Method: 1.Crack the egg into a bowl 2.Whisk the egg with a fork until it’s smooth 3.Add milk and whisk well 4.Grate the cheese into the bowl and stir 5.Heat the oil in frying pan 6.Turn the omelet with spatula and cook both sides. 7.Place on a plate, season with salt and pepper. How to Make A Cheese Omelet
8. The text tells us about… A.ingredients of making omelet. B.utensils of making omelet. C.method of making omelet. D.how to eat a cheese omelet.
9. … is a tool with a flat flexible blade used for mixing and spreading. A.Pan B.Fork C.Spatula D.Cheese-grater
41. Menentukan pikiran utama paragraf/ gambaran umum/informasi tertentu/informasi rinci, tersurat dan atau tersirat atau rujukan kata/frasa atau makna kata/ frasa dalam teks advertisement tentang sebuah benda/ tempat/ jasa. INDIKATOR
SANYO’S COFFEE SAN Sanyo’s coffee San is the only 10-cup coffee maker with a coffee grinder built in. So you get freshly ground coffee every time. Just pour in whole beans, set the timer, and a perfect pot of coffee will be waiting for you inthe next morning.
10. What does text about? A. Coffee B. Coffee maker C. Coffee pot D. Coffee grinder
11. What is the purpose of the text? A. To explain how to make coffee B. To review a product C. To describe a thing D. To explain how to do something
12. How many cups can you make with that product? A. 2 B. 3 C. 5 D. 10
STRATEGIES 1.The more vocabularies you recognize, the easier you answer the questions. 2.Use “previewing” technique by looking at the first sentence in the pragraph. Generally, the main idea is in the first sentence of paragraph.
STRATEGIES 3.“Key words” is a shortcut to find the answer easily in the passage. ‘Skimming”, quick reading, is used to find certain information so that you will not waste your time reading. You can use “predicting” and “guessing”skills. 4.“Scanning” is used when you have to read based on the required question.